Pandemic madness over Trevor Noah’s watches and collection
actor of South African origin and The daily show Host Trevor Noah turned heads in 2020 when he stepped out in a Richard Mille RM11-03 Automatic Flyback Chronograph watch in rose gold and titanium worth R 3.9 million.
TREVOR NOAH WATCH COLLECTION
Insane Luxury Life, an Instagram page that highlights the exquisite accessories that celebrities have splurged on, posted a photo of Trevor Noah alongside his luxury watch.
Trevor Noah loves his watches. According to Sowetan Live, The daily show with host Trevor Noah had previously been spotted wearing,
- Rolex GMT-Master II valued at Rand 220,000;
- Rolex Submariner valued at R120,000;
- Rolex President Day-Date watch in 18K yellow gold with an estimated value of R200,000;
- Audemars Piguet Royal Oak valued at R400,000; and
- Patek Philippe Nautilus in rose gold for just over R1 million.
However, Trevor Noah and other celebrities aren’t the only ones splurging in the midst of a pandemic.
SANDTON CITY DIAMOND WALK
While many South Africans complain about the economic pressure the lockdown has placed on themselves and their families, others shop, which some people earn in a month or maybe even a year, over high-end brands such as Louis Vuitton, Jimmy Choo, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and others.
The citizen reported that the Louis Vuitton store on Diamond Walk in Sandton had queues of shoppers starting at 9 a.m.
How do people splurge so much during a pandemic? Well, shoppers’ responses range from wanting a little treat to being a regular at these stores.
Business intern reported that although sales in the watch market are low, the resale market is on the rise because it is not subject to the same restrictions as territorial sales agreements.
However, the publication reports that the sale of luxury watches online is also done through authorized dealers, therefore the manufacturer’s warranties do not apply. This means that consumers would only have internal company guarantees to fall back on in the event of a problem. Additional charges such as a restocking fee of up to 4% of the amount may apply which could potentially reach hundreds of thousands of rand.
Fancy a big treat? Here is the list of the 10 most expensive watches on sale in the country.
ALSO READ: ‘Haute couture Annabelle’? Victoria Beckham dragged to dress [photos]
TOP 10 MOST EXPENSIVE WATCHES IN SA
These are the 10 most expensive watches for sale online in South Africa right now, according to Business Insider
- 1. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar R6 999 900
- 2. A. Lange & Söhne A Owl 950 Series: 5,490,000 R
- 3. Patek Philippe Nautilus White Gold R4 399 900
- 4. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar 41mm R3,999,900
- 5. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 41 mm R2 749 900
- 6. Patek Philippe Nautilus R2 499 900
- 7. Patek Philippe Nautilus R2 368 658
- 8. Patek Philippe Automatic Blue Dial R2 099 900
- 9. Ulysse Nardin Freak Diavolo Tourbillon 7 days R1,999,900
- 10. Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph 41mm R1,975,900
ALSO READ: Bad-a ** boots? Has Anele Mdoda started a trend with “ugly” shoes? [photos]